so for a little bit of news about what's up with me, i joined weight watchers this week. i'm using this as a tool to work off the freshman 15 and just learn a healthy lifestyle altogether. to reward myself for sticking to my plan so well i decided to use a recipe weight watchers had for my favorite food, cupcakes!
the JH star means that Jennifer Hudson approves or something, but i don't care so much about that really, they just look delicious.
as you can clearly see, my cupcakes didn't really turn out too much like the original. i would tell you that i'm just a really awesome chef and made adjustments because i thought it would improve it, but you would all just laugh because i think we all know better.
here's what my recipe looks like (bold parentheses show the weight watcher way)
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1/8 tsp table salt
1/4 cup of regular butter, melted
1/3 cup of sugar
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup of fat free red velvet yogurt that i found in the fridge (should be vanilla)
1/4 cup of fat free skim milk
1 package of cream cheese combined with a 1/2 cup of strawberry jam for filling and topping (should be 1oz of melted bittersweet chocolate mixed with 2 tbsp of hot water to be drizzled)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray with cooking spray. i got my adorable ones from the container store.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix the first four ingredients together.
3. In a seperate large bowl, cream together butter sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy with beater on medium speed. for this part i actually used a wooden spoon because i couldn't find the beater until about halfway through with this.
4. Add the eggs and yogurt and beat until well combined. this is the part where my little brother saved the day by finding the beater. yay Jeff!
5. Reduce mixer to low and add the flour mixture and milk in small batches to make mixing easier on yourself until the batter is fully blended. weight watchers then recommends to beat the mixture on high for 30 more seconds.
6. Spoon batter into muffin tin and bake for 18-23 minutes.
7. The point where I retrieved my already made filling from the fridge to use as a topping. weight watchers says to melt the 1 oz chocolate and mix with the hot water while stirring constantly so you can use this mixture to top the cupcakes.
8. Enjoy your guilt-free cupcake!
the original cupcakes are only 4 points plus value, but because of the cream cheese mixture i used, i would give mine at least 5-6 points plus value.